Neskowin is a little town on the Oregon Coast of little consequence except to those lucky enough to grow up there. My dad went with his family as a boy, and I have been going to Neskowin almost every summer since I was just a few years old. This year I had the joy of continuing on the tradition and sharing the ocean with Lily. Going to Neskowin is always a special time for me. I love bundling up to go for walks in the sand (because Neskowin is almost always encased in fog), chasing waves, watching sunsets, eating at the cafe, shopping, playing games, and being reminded of how great and powerful God is through his creation; but most of all I love the time I get to spend with family.
On the way down, everyone stopped to have a picnic with Nana Bea. Lily loves spending time with her Grandma and Boppo!
The dogs love the beach, too!
In the evenings, after the little ones had gone to bed, we would play a game to earn money by answering questions. At the end of the week, we use the money we have earned to bid on mystery items at an auction. I did very well this year because I submitted the most questions.


Lily got tired shopping and fell asleep sitting on Boppo's lap. So sweet!
Thanks Boppo and Grandma for another great year at the beach filled with so many fun memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment