Sunday, July 3, 2011

Megan's 30th

I don't feel any older, but according to the calendar I am now 30. Perhaps 30 isn't really that old after all.


My birthday celebration started Friday when my mom came down to take me out to tea. We went to the Secret Garden Tea House and enjoyed a special time together chatting, devouring delicious scones, and sampling many sweet and savory tea bites. I look forward to Lily being old enough to come and enjoy the experience with us next time. My dad made the time possible and enjoyed the afternoon babysitting all by himself!


On Saturday, Jeff and Lily made me a special breakfast with some of our favorite bread from Great Harvest. They sent me on a scavenger hunt to find clues for my present. A new kitchen table that Jeff has promised to build me. I am so excited for it! He has been dragging his feet for a while, but I think it is going to be a great addition to our kitchen.

Then we headed to the zoo! It was very busy and a little warm for the animals to be too active, but we had lots of fun.


Lily loved watching the Puffins cliff dive and swim!



Jeff has always loved birds of prey and enjoyed showing them to Lily.

For lunch we stopped and watched a little show in the outdoor theatre. We saw all sorts of animals running across the stage and were thrilled by huge birds flying right over our heads.



After lunch we explored a little bit more.

And stopped to play for a few minutes on the playground.


After the zoo, we drove to my parents where I enjoyed the rest of day sitting in the sun, enjoying their amazing view, and being spoiled with wonderful family time and great food! It was a great day to kick off my 30s. I am looking forward to many more great days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment