Sunday, October 31, 2010

Precious Lily

I can't even begin to express how precious this little girl is to me. Lily is now 10 months old, and the time has gone by too quickly. In the last month and days, I have had several friends who have just had their first babies. Visiting with them, meeting their new little ones, has gotten me thinking about Lily's first months. It is hard to remember Lily being so small, waiting for her first smile and giggle. I would lay her on the couch next to me while she napped because
I felt like I missed too much if she was in her bassinet and I couldn't see her. And then she started to react- to respond to toys, to smile with recognition, and to learn she had control of her hands, feet, and tongue. She is so active now, the days of her immobility seem to fade away. How quickly I forget so many things- the many evenings pacing around the kitchen trying to keep Lily happy, or the times in the middle of the night when she would be so unhappy and I couldn't figure out why. And while my heart was bursting with love from the moment I held this precious girl, I love her even more today than I did yesterday. I love watching her discover so many things- new foods, new sounds, new toys, new joys, new skills- she is constantly learning. I love making her laugh (which is easy to do!) and watching her pride as she pulls herself up on everything or escapes up the stairs or discovers a new toy. We have so much fun just playing together. Lily loves to wrestle and laugh...I laugh at her laughing at me and we will both just keep laughing and laughing. Sometimes I just sit and watch her play. It is amazing to watch her mind at work as she explores her world. And I love cuddling. Part of me does wish she slept better so I could get more done or sleep myself, but when she wakes up early from a nap or at night and needs to be held to continue resting it is the most precious time of my day and I cherish every moment. Lily is such an amazing gift to me! She is so full of joy and life and I wait in anticipation to see all the wonder that God has in store for her life. But for now, I am doing my best to enjoy every moment I get with my precious Lily.

No comments:

Post a Comment